Caritas Christi Urget Nos The Love of Christ Impels Us L'amour de Christ Nous Presse
PRAYING WITH OUR SPC ROLE MODELS
Celebrating 325 Years of Life and Mission
* APRIL 2021 *
Grace: Lord Jesus, I beg for the grace of inner peace that I may face any adversity in life with strength, serenity,
and perseverance knowing that I can always rely on the power of your love.
Scripture Text: “Agree with one another, live in peace; and the God of love and peace will be with you.”
2 Cor 13:11
POINTS FOR PRAYER AND REFLECTION:
A. Peace in the life of St. Paul
Paul was described as a zealous Pharisee who is “breathing out murderous threats against the disciples of Christ.” (Acts 9:1) He further described himself as someone who “persecuted the church of God violently and tried to destroy it.” (Gal. 1:13) But somehow this formerly violent man who stood by and watched the mob stone Stephen to death, and held their coats while they did so, became an Apostle of Christ who boldly preached “the Gospel of peace.” (Eph. 6:15) For Paul, genuine peace is a gift of the Holy Spirit. It is inner tranquility, even in the midst of great hardships, that comes from our reliance on God who is all-powerful and faithful.
B. Peace in the life of our Sisters
- The gift of vocation in the life of our Sisters
C. Peace in our life
1. In 2 Cor 13:11, St Paul exhorts, “Agree with one another, live in peace; and the God of love and peace will be with you.” I sincerely look deep within my heart and ask myself, “Am I at peace with God, myself, and others?”
2. I relive moments in my life when I am truly at peace and I thank the Lord for them. I also take note of areas in my life, in my relationships, and in my ministry where I find no peace. I open them up to the Lord.
3. In what way(s) can I be a channel of God’s peace, reconciliation, and charity to my community and in my apostolate?
4. I share with my community my reflections and resolutions